Who is in charge of your data ?
TG Aviation is responsible for collecting your data. If you have any issues please contact us
Email - Info@tgaviation.com
Phone – 07511526529 / 01843 823656
Postal – Lydd Airport, Romney Marsh, Kent. TN29 9 QL
Third party sites
What Data doe we collect ?
We receive, collect and store any information you enter onto our website or provide us in any other way, this includes
· Documents and forms that are required for flying training, copies of medicals, CAA reference numbers, exam results and student progress records.
· Names and surnames, next of kin details, addresses, occupation, date of birth and gender.
· Billing addresses, phone numbers, delivery addresses, email address, communications sent via the website.
· Financial data including card details and bank account details
· Transaction details about services and products you have brought from us, including a hard-written copy of accounts for flying training. This applies for purchases over the phone, online and in person.
· Technical data which incudes the internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the internet. Computer and connection information and purchase history. We use software tools and analytics to measure and collect session information, including page response times and lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to lead you onto the website.
· Marketing and communication details, including your email profile settings on how you prefer to receive communications from us.
Please note- Due to the nature of the services we provide we may sometimes be required by law to pass information on to government departments, including the police, boarder force and special branch. It is for this reason that if you fail to supply personal information when required we may not be able to offer our services.
How is Data collected
There are a number of ways we collect data from you, including through
· Direct interactions from you. You may give us personal information by filling out membership forms, providing medical information for solo flights, filling out enquiry forms on the website, postal correspondence, online and phone transactions.
· When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us, including your name, address, payment details. Your personal details will only be used for the specific reason of processing your transaction.
· Subscribing to our mailing list or Flying Club
· Opening a flying account
· Requesting marketing or information to be sent to via post, email or phone
· Booking flying slots or vouchers via email or phone including text message
· As you interact with our website, it may collect data about the technology you’re using, browsing actions and patterns
We also receive date from you through third parties as set out below.
· Technical data is received through google analytics
· Contact, financial and transaction details from providers of payment and delivery services such as stripe and world pay.
Why do we collect data ?
We collect personal and non- personal information for the following purposes.
· To provide and operate services
· To provide users with ongoing customer services and assistance
· To keep customers up to date with news and services they are interested in.
· To comply with any applicable laws and regulations
How we store and process your data.
Our company website is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through wix.com data storage, databases and general wix.com applications. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. All direct payment gateways offered by wix.com and used by our company (Stripe) adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard and American Express. PCI -DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. This also applies for payments made over the phone.
Student records and membership forms are kept securely within our offices and only assessable to those employees on a need to know basis, none of your personal date is ever shared with a third party without your prior permission.
Email correspondence and purchase notification emails that are sent through our payment gateway all stored on a secure server behind a firewall. This includes enquiries sent through forms on our website.
When do we use your data
We will use your data for the following reasons only
· To process and deliver your order
· To keep a record of your flying training progress
· We may contact you to collect fees or money owed
· To send updates about our company and services we provide
· To deliver relevant website content and advertising to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
· In order for us to offer our training we use your information to submit to the CAA including all exams and paperwork for PPL applications, SEP’s and other ratings we offer.
· To respond to enquires and questions about our services and to make bookings.
You are always able to change your preferences for our marketing. They can be updated anytime in your profile at the bottom of our emails.
You will receive promotional offers from us if you are subscribed to our mailing lists and newsletters, we may use your technical data to offer promotions that are in your interests. You will receive promotional information if you have requested information on learning to fly, this is all part of the services we offer as a gateway to learning to fly.
Third party marketing
We do not share any data with any third parties. In the unlikely event that we would need to do this we would not do so without your permission.
Cookies are implemented in every site built by Wix. There are two types of cookies:
Session (Transient) cookies: These cookies are erased when you close your browser, and do not collect information from your computer. They typically store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
Persistent (Permanent or Stored) cookies: These cookies are stored on your hard drive until they expire (i.e. the are based on a set expiration date) or until you delete them. These cookies are used to collect identifying information about the user, such as Web surfing behaviour or user preferences for a specific site.
Take a look at the table below to view which cookies Wix places on Wix sites:
We also run google analytics which runs the following cookies,
You can opt out of our communications at any point at the bottom of every email that is sent to you. Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com or phone us on 01843 823656 or write to us at TG Aviation, Lydd Airport, Romney Marsh, Kent , TN29 9QL. If you do opt out of our email marketing please note this will not apply to purchase history, product services, transactions, previous communications or personal data.
Questions and your information
If you would like the to access, delete, correct or amend any personal information we hold on you please contact us via email, post or phone.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.